Wednesday, 5 April 2017

New Thylacine Interview

I've just completed a really great interview with a group of Tasmanian tiger bloggers. They asked some great questions that really made me think about how I got started writing THE LAST TIGER. Here's a taster and you can follow the link at the bottom of the page to the full interview.

Q- How did you get interested initially into writing a book about thylacines? 

Tony- I used to work on a paper in SW Victoria called The Standard and when I was there I wrote several stories about strange animal sightings in the district that the locals thought were the thylacine. I started to dig into the subject and was immediately hooked. It's a tragic story, something that should never have happened, and it struck a chord with me, on a very deep level, that is still resonating today. 


Read the whole interview at the Australian Tasmanian Tiger blog and you can follow the group on Facebook.